All desired throughputs can be achieved.
Type of product: Type - Z
Centrifugal separator type Z
- Cleaning of aqueous liquids of solids
- Separation sizes down to 5 µm achievable
- Liquid cleaning on machine tools, in particular on grinding machines, transfer lines and machining centers
- Parts washing systems
- Vehicle washing systems
- Wire drawing machines
- Rolling machines
- Pre-filtration with ultra-filtration
- Solids recovery
By combining any desired number of individual ZYKLOMAT® hydrocyclones to form lengthwise or round distributor units, any desired throughputs can be achieved.
Elastomers, plastomers, stainless steel
Advantages of hydrocyclone plants
e.g. for cooling lubricant cleaning (emulsion)
- Higher, more optimum degree of filtration -separation size approx. 5 µm.
- Separation of magnetic and non-magnetic particles.
- Uniform, constant, automatic aeration of the cooling lubricants, resulting in increased service life.
- No over-leaning of the cooling lubricants.
- Safe to operate due to the use of outstanding materials and high wall thickness.
- No continuous costs for filter aids and their disposal
Mode of operation
The liquid to be cleaned flows under pressure tangentially into the cylindrical inlet area of the ZYKLOMAT® hydrocyclone formed with an inlet spiral.
In the subsequent conical section, the flow direction of the suspension is spiral-shaped, whereby the spiral continuously narrows toward the underflow nozzle.
With the tangential inlet the liquid forms a primary eddy near the wall in which the separation of the solid particles takes place under the influence of the strong centrifugal effect. In the process, the particles with a higher specific weight than the liquid are transported out of the primary eddy toward the wall.
The particles slide along the smooth inner side of the ZYKLOMAT® hydrocyclone to the underflow nozzle, where they are separated out of the underflow nozzle with a small quantity of liquid (concentration). As a result of the throttling effect caused by the conical shape, the ZYKLOMAT hydrocyclone forces the liquid eddy to reverse directions before it reaches the tip of the underflow nozzle.
As a secondary eddy spinning in the same direction, the cleaned liquid rises in the secondary eddy to the ZYKLOMAT® upper course. The liquid existing in the upper course of the ZYKLOMAT® hydrocyclone has only a minimal solids content.
A stable air core is located within the secondary eddy which can uniformly aerate the liquid.